Recipe by CoolMonday
I found this recipe in Homecooking.com when someone was asking for Crab stuffed cornish hens. This looked so good, I thought I would post it.
Top Tweak by Nancy H.
I used crabmeat, shrimp, green onions, celery, a touch of red pepper and raisins to stuff.. no bread crumbs. Used drippings and half and half for sauce with paprika. Served with rice. Serve stuffed .. nice to put sauce over rice then pull out seafood and place on top of that.. wonderful served with broccoli or
- 4 rock cornish game hens
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat or 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash hens inside and out with cold water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub oil lightly over hens.
- Season inside and out with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Melt butter in large pan.
- Saute garlic, parsley, green onion and celery till soft.
- Add crab meat, salt and pepper.
- Stir gently.
- Don't break up crab too much.
- Turn heat down to simmer.
- Add bread crumbs and half and half a little at a time so mixture is not too dry.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide stuffing between hens and stuff into cavities.
- Tie legs together and place on rack in roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Internal temp should read 180 degrees.