Recipe by Alan Leonetti
There are several ways that I cook Rock Cornish Game Hens, and this is one of my favorites. It uses just a few ingredients.
- 2 rock cornish game hens, defrosted if frozen
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove giblets from defrosted birds.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet with heat-proof handle.
- Season hens with salt and pepper, then brown lightly all over in the butter, turning frequently. This should take about 20 minutes.
- When hens are browned, add sherry to the pan and transfer it to the oven.
- Roast birds 45-60 minutes, until they are tender, basting often.
- Transfer hens to heated (and heatproof) serving dish. Warm brandy in a small saucepan and ignite it. Pour over the hens and serve flaming.