1/2 Photos of Cornish Game Hens Oriental
1 hr 35 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This same recipe with the same amounts of ingredients will be enough for up to 4 hens. It is a SUPER DELICIOUS recipe for Cornish Game Hens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Rinse hens under cold water until water runs clear and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Place hens in either a baking dish or small roasting pan just large enough to hold the hens.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce with undiluted orange juice concentrate, sesame oil, honey and curry powder until the honey dissolves.
- 5Gently place your thumb between skin and breast, lifting the skin. Tilt bird upward and pour about 2 tablespoons of the mixture under the skin. Drizzle about 1/2 tablespoon in cavity. Repeat on the second hen, third hen and fourth hen.
- 6Pour remainder of the soy mixture over the hens and rub evenly over skins. Tightly cover dish or pan with aluminum foil or lid. Roast in center of preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and baste hens with liquid from the pan. To prevent sauce from burning, stir water into pan juices.
- 8Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Return hens to oven and continue to roast, UNCOVERED, for about 20 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with pan-liquid, until a rich glaze forms on top and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh reads 170 degrees.
- 9Remove pan from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving. Place hens on individual plates, then spoon pan juices overtop. Serve with Stove Top chicken stuffing and mashed potatoes, or your favorite roasted veggies, or maple squash over bok choy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Game Hens Oriental
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.0
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 217.4 mg
- Sodium 1175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 88.2 g
- Protein 53.5 g