1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe makes a nice dinner and is from The Pillsbury Family Kitchens' Cookbook. I use 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) chicken broth and enough water to make 2 cups (and heat it in microwave) in place of water and bouillon cubes. This recipe can also be used with quartered or cut up frying chicken. I have only made it with the cornish hens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. I spray 13 x 9 glass baking dish with Pam (recipe does not call for it).
- 2Using kitchen shears or sharp knife, cut game hens in half lengthwise through breastbone.
- 3In 13 x 9 glass baking dish combine rice mix, onion, celery and mushrooms.
- 4Heat water and dissolve bouillon; stir into rice mixture.
- 5Dot with butter.
- 6Place game hens cut side down over rice.
- 7Brush with 1 tablespoon honey.
- 8Sprinkle with salt.
- 9Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover, brush with remaining honey.
- 10Bake uncovered for 30 minutes longer or until tender and brown.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Game Hens and Rice Bake
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.7 mg
- Sodium 855.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 43.4 g