Barb Gertz's Note:
Another delicious way to bake cornish game hens. The recipe comes from Light & Easy Diabetes Cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 Cornish hens (about 1-1/4 pounds each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup vermouth
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Remove skin from hens.
- 3Cut each in half, discarding backbones.
- 4Season on both sides with herbs and spices.
- 5In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil.
- 6Saute hens about 4 minutes on each side.
- 7Transfer to a baking dish.
- 8Add garlic and shallots to skillet and saute for about 1 minute.
- 9Add vermouth and orange juice and swirl to mix.
- 10Pour over hens.
- 11Cover dish with foil (release foil works great) and bake 20 minutes, basting a few times.
- 12Increase oven temperture to 425 degrees, uncover baking dish and bake 5 minutes.
- 13Garnish with parsley and almonds before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: