Recipe by Jane Gib
this sandwich I normally make with ham and tomato, but you can substitute with any filling of your choice. It is baked in a milky sauce.
- 6 slices white bread (thin slices)
- 40 g butter
- 3 slices cooked ham (thick slices)
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 600 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- remove crusts from the bread and butter on both sides.
- make sandwiches with the ham and tomato.
- cut into triangles.
- place in an ovenproof dish.
- beat together the eggs, salt and pepper and add the milk.
- pour over the sandwiches and bake in a nmedium heat oven for 35/40 min, or until the milk has set.