Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My Sister-in- Law gave me this recipe years ago and everyone in my family loves it. It is great for potlucks, large gatherings, or cut down for just a family. It is really easy to make and makes great leftovers. I use Colby-Jack cheese, finely shredded, but any cheese will do.
- 14 medium peeled and cubed potatoes
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups grated cheese
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter (1 cube)
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Mix with all but cornflakes and butter.
- Cook in a baking pan at 400 for 50 minutes.
- Melt butter and mix with cornflakes.
- Spread evenly over potatoes.
- Cook for 15 minutes.Remove from oven.
This is a favorite recipe for big family meals. However, I use a 2-lb. bag of hashbrowns (either cubed or shredded) instead of using fresh potatoes. Also, mix the soup, sour cream and butter together, and spread on top of potatoes. Next is the cheese, and then the dry cornflakes. Bake for about 1 hour.
Just got done making and eating this and OMG it was fabulous!!! Very easy to make too! If you don't mind the labor of peeling and cutting the potatoes. Though I should have made half a batch. Didn't really think it through. 14 potatoes are way too many for just 3 people haha! I'm thinking about grilling up some chicken and throwing some bacon bits into it and make a big meal out of it.