Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A family favorite from the back of Mr. Dell's brand shredded hash browns.
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns (about 10 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted and divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour 4 Tblsp melted butter or margarine into 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine soup, sour cream, milk and green onions.
- Place half the potatoes in the prepared dish, spread with half the soup mixture and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers.
- In small bowl combine cornflakes and remaining 2 Tblsp melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Note: To prepare casserole a day ahead, omit cornflake topping, cover dish and refrigerate; add cornflakes before baking.