Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very crispy and crunchy candy. The trick to this candy is to keep the candy in the pan, covered loosely with wax paper for 2 days before you eat it. If you try it too soon, it will be tough and chewy.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 5 cups corn flakes
- Spray a 8x8x2 pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with aluminum foil and spray again.
- In a 4 quart saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add sugar and stir well with wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir and slowly add evaporated milk.
- Keep the heat on low and add the cornflakes.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Remove from heat and press into prepared pan.
- Cover loosely with waxed paper.
- Let stand for 48 hours in cool dry place.
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
- Turn candy out on smooth surface.
- Remove foil.
- Break into eating-size pieces.
- Store in airtight container for no more that 3-4 days.