Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Spicy, smokey chipotles really make this take on the classic comfort food.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 5 cups corn flakes, crushed to make 2 cups
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, diced (seeds removed if desired, adobo sauce reserved)
- iceberg lettuce
- cooking spray
- reserved adobo sauce
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup corn flakes, left whole
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, turkey, corn flakes, onion, & eggs.
- Add peppers, reserving the abobo sauce in the can.
- Mix well until ingredients are well incorperated and press into sprayed loaf pan. You can also shape it into a loaf and place in a shallow baking pan. Whatever you prefer.
- Bake 1 hour.
- While it's baking, combine adobo & ketchup.
- After 1 hour spread adobo mixture over the top of the meatloaf. Top with the whole corn flakes.
- Bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove and set to cool. Slice and serve hot on an iceberg lettuce bed, or slice up and refrigerate for sandwiches.
This meatloaf is tender and with a crispy cornflake crust. The chipotles add an intense spiciness that may be a bit much for those that prefer their food on the bland side. Very yummy.