Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on a newspaper clipping from a 1982 Banner Newspaper, Brownstown, Indiana.
Make and share this Cornflake Meat Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Mix; egg, milk worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper & celery seed together, add corn flakes, mix well.
- Add ground beef and pork, mix well.
- Pack mixture into a 9x5x3 loaf pan, cover with ketchup and bake at 350 for 1 hours.
This was a very welcome break from Christmas and Christmas leftovers last evening. Made by the recipe with no real adaptions except for skipping the ketchup topping (not a big ketchup fan here). The corn flake crumbs worked well along with the egg as a binder and the over all flavor was very good indeed. :D