Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been carrying this recipe around for so many years that the paper is yellowed and dog-eared. It is on a page torn from some magazine and listed as a Famous Fannie Farmer candy/cookie. This recipe makes 18 macaroons at about 35 calories each - 1 gram of fat each.
- 1 egg white
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- salt, to taste (a very small amount)
- In a medium bowl beat the egg white gradually adding 2 TBLS of the sugar until stiff.
- Stir in the remaining 6 TBLS sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Place by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350*F oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 18.
I made these this afternoon and they're already gone! Definitely a 5-star recipe in my books. Crisp, toasty, with a sublte almond flavour - we all loved these. A keeper.