Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A deliciously crispy coated fried chicken I made up one night with stuff I had in the fridge and cupboard.
- 1 whole chicken, butchered into pieces
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed (I use a generic brand theyre crunchier than post cornflakes and are perfect for this recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup flour, any kind perferably white
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning (I perfer more so throw in an extra tsp if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup three cheeze ranch salad dressing
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil (just to coat the bottom of the pan)
- Butcher 1 whole chicken.
- Crush the cornflakes in a large bowl, and add in the Mrs. dash (stir).
- then pour in 1/4 cup three cheeze ranch dressing, stir to coat flakes, then sprinkle in enough flour to dry the cornflakes mixture,.
- now beat 3 eggs in another bowl, take your chicken and dip in the eggs then coat with the cornflake mixture.
- Place coated chicken in a large hot frying pan with about 1 cup vegetable oil to start.
- Cover with lid that fits, and let cook for 35 minutes over medium heat covered.
- In the last ten minutes let fry uncovered 5 minutes per side, if you want it darker and crispier cook uncovered until desired color is achieved.
- Put chicken on a paper towel covered plate to allow excess oil to drain.