Recipe by pewpew1982
This is a recipe from the Sept. 2007 cooking light. I'm cataloging them for my own future use so I don't have to keep the magazines lying around. The picture for this looked amazing.
Top Review by nkoprince08
I also found this recipe in one of my cooking light magazines and decided to give it a try, it turned out really good. I liked that It wasn't overly fishy and the breading on the fish was simple, but at the same time tasted really good. I didn't make the Aioli, just the fish and it was fine as is!!
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups corn flakes, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces halibut fillets
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Aioli:Combine cilantro, mayonnaise, serrano, and minced garlic, stirring well.
- Fish: to prepare fish, combine milk and egg white in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk.
- combine cornflakes, flour, salt, and black pepper in another shallow dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip fish in the milk mixture and dredge in cornflake mixture.
- add fish to pan and cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- serve fish with Aioli and lemon wedges.