Recipe by Wendy@TN
This is a variation of a recipe I had found. This is my ALL time favorite way to eat baked chicken. I can not say enough good things about this!!! Make sure to use chicken that is NOT frozen for best results. This turns out so nice and crispy. My picky daughter even eats it all up !!! We have even made chicken strips from it instead to make it more kid friendly. I serve it with white pepperd gravy to dip it in on put on top- YUM YUM..... LET ME STRESS AGAIN HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO NOT USE FROZEN CHICKEN BREAST- IT WILL MAKE THE CRUST SOGGY ESPECIALLY ON THE BOTTOMS AS EXPEIENCED BY SOME MEMBERS
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- chicken poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- salt, pepper and put chicken poultry seasoning on breast front and back.
- mix egg and water in a bowl.
- crush cornflakes and mix in butter ( i use land of lakes) and more chicken poultry seasoning to taste.
- dip breast into egg/water mixture and roll in the cornflake crust to coat. Mixture will be moist so you may have to pat it on there.
- I also make extra crust if needed and pat it onto tops of breast once I place them onto my baking sheet.
- bake at 400 for about 30 mins or untill done.
- I serve with a veggie on side and mashed potatoes with white peppered gravy. I always serve extra gravy to dip chicken inches.