1/2 Photos of Cornflake Crusted Chicken
This is a variation of a recipe I had found. This is my ALL time favorite way to eat baked chicken. I can not say enough good things about this!!! Make sure to use chicken that is NOT frozen for best results. This turns out so nice and crispy. My picky daughter even eats it all up !!! We have even made chicken strips from it instead to make it more kid friendly. I serve it with white pepperd gravy to dip it in on put on top- YUM YUM..... LET ME STRESS AGAIN HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO NOT USE FROZEN CHICKEN BREAST- IT WILL MAKE THE CRUST SOGGY ESPECIALLY ON THE BOTTOMS AS EXPEIENCED BY SOME MEMBERS
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2salt, pepper and put chicken poultry seasoning on breast front and back.
- 3mix egg and water in a bowl.
- 4crush cornflakes and mix in butter ( i use land of lakes) and more chicken poultry seasoning to taste.
- 5dip breast into egg/water mixture and roll in the cornflake crust to coat. Mixture will be moist so you may have to pat it on there.
- 6I also make extra crust if needed and pat it onto tops of breast once I place them onto my baking sheet.
- 7bake at 400 for about 30 mins or untill done.
- 8I serve with a veggie on side and mashed potatoes with white peppered gravy. I always serve extra gravy to dip chicken inches.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornflake Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 286.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 30.2 g