This is a variation of a recipe I had found. This is my ALL time favorite way to eat baked chicken. I can not say enough good things about this!!! Make sure to use chicken that is NOT frozen for best results. This turns out so nice and crispy. My picky daughter even eats it all up !!! We have even made chicken strips from it instead to make it more kid friendly. I serve it with white pepperd gravy to dip it in on put on top- YUM YUM..... LET ME STRESS AGAIN HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO NOT USE FROZEN CHICKEN BREAST- IT WILL MAKE THE CRUST SOGGY ESPECIALLY ON THE BOTTOMS AS EXPEIENCED BY SOME MEMBERS
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- salt, pepper and put chicken poultry seasoning on breast front and back.
- mix egg and water in a bowl.
- crush cornflakes and mix in butter ( i use land of lakes) and more chicken poultry seasoning to taste.
- dip breast into egg/water mixture and roll in the cornflake crust to coat. Mixture will be moist so you may have to pat it on there.
- I also make extra crust if needed and pat it onto tops of breast once I place them onto my baking sheet.
- bake at 400 for about 30 mins or untill done.
- I serve with a veggie on side and mashed potatoes with white peppered gravy. I always serve extra gravy to dip chicken inches.
Great recipe, I didn't crush the cornflakes enough so they didn't bind very well to the chicken. However this still was very tasty. I made a mandarin orange sauce to go with this and plated on top of a bed of rice. I will be making this again very soon! Thanks for posting
This is an exceptional chicken recipe. The only thing different I did was to use seasoned salt instead of poultry seasoning. AWESOME!
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. It's so easy and comes out moist and flavorful. I pounded the chicken breasts so they were of uniform thickness, and had plenty of crunch. Also, I ate mine with a small bowl of honey to dip it in, my husband had his with ranch dressing, and my son had his with honey-mustard. It was still very good without any sauces though. Thanks!