Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Everday Foods. I just tried it out and it is SOO GOOD & crispy! I was impressed!!!! The recipe calls for bone-in legs and thighs, but I just used 4 breasts each cut into 3 diagonal strips.
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Season generously with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In a large bowl, mix cornflakes with oil, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes to help them adhere. Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.
This is exactly what I was looking for!! Nice baked "fried" chicken. It baked nicely & stayed crispy. Plus, it looked great! Only complaint - I can usually handle hot stuff, but it was just a tad too spicy for me. Next time I'll use a little less cayenne & I think it will be perfect. Otherwise, FANTASTIC!
FABULOUS!!! Loved it. For the last 5 minutes I turned my oven to broil just to add some extra crispness! I also used gluten-free cornflake crumbs to make it fit in with my GF diet. This was a huge hit with both me and my husband! Thanks for posting!
Oh My....Where do I start. I made this last night. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast (fresh NOT FROZEN). I used chicken poultry seasoning instead of the cayenne. I put the seasoning as well as salt and pepper on the breast and in the cornflake mix. I used butter (land of lakes) instead of olive oil. I did lighly oil pan so bottom would crisp as well. GEEEE WHIZ this turned out so FREAKING GOOD. I will never make another breaded baked chicken any other way again. Even the leftovers I had for lunch was great!!!. I did have to make a little extra of the cornflake crust to put on tops of the chicken before I baked it. I served it with mashed potatoes and White peppered gravy. The gravy on the chicken was very similar to chicken fried chicken dish, but WAY less guilt. My daughter and hubby SOOOOO loved it too!!! I cant say enough good things here !!! THANKS