Recipe by Japanese Delight
This recipe is from Everday Foods. I just tried it out and it is SOO GOOD & crispy! I was impressed!!!! The recipe calls for bone-in legs and thighs, but I just used 4 breasts each cut into 3 diagonal strips.
Top Review by Heidi T.
This is exactly what I was looking for!! Nice baked "fried" chicken. It baked nicely & stayed crispy. Plus, it looked great! Only complaint - I can usually handle hot stuff, but it was just a tad too spicy for me. Next time I'll use a little less cayenne & I think it will be perfect. Otherwise, FANTASTIC!
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Season generously with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In a large bowl, mix cornflakes with oil, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes to help them adhere. Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.