Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe straight off of a box of cornflakes. It is really good and easy to make. Great for those bake sales. Cook time is per cookie sheet. For a larger cookie you will yield around 24 crunchies and should cook 20-22 minutes.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat sugar and shortening until creamy.
- Beat in egg, milk and orange extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add cereal and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 minute before removing to racks to cool.
These crunchies were very good and easy to make. They went very well with everyone. I managed to make only 23 crunchies. Also, I had to bake these for a total of 22 minutes at 180C. Definitely a keeper!