Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make & very good.
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces or 6 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Combine crumbs, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Beat the egg whites slightly with fork or whisk.
- Mix the milk into the egg whites.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white mixture; then coat with crumbs.
- Place chicken in a greased shallow pan in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 1 hour or until done.
- Do not cover or turn while baking.
Per Wind in the Canyon's comments, I have made a virtually identical recipe for at least 15 years. The only difference is that I use 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup grated romano cheese (for a total 1/2 cup combined) as well as about 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp onion powder. Usually when a recipe seems like it just needs "something more" it is lacking complexity of flavor. The combo of the two cheeses and addition of the powders really adds additional layers of flavor. If it's still kind of one note, add a pinch (about 1/8tsp) of ground cayenne pepper. It's not enough to add heat to the dish, but adds enough zing that it brightens all the other flavors. Hope this helps anyone else hoping to "liven up" this dish!
very good chicken, I just did 2 chicken breast halves for the two of us. Instead of baking it in the overn I pounded it flat then followed the recipe and cooked it on the grill. Turned out just great and we enjoyed it. i will do this one again, thanks for posting.
Great! I did add a ranch seasoning packet and used bread crumbs instead---it worked out great.