Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't believe that this chicken recipe is not listed here! My Mom made this for us growing up and then I made it for my DH and kids who also love it and it's so easy. She got the recipe from the cornflake crumb box or from Wishbone dressing. Use any kind of bone in chicken parts. I estimated the amount of crumbs used since you may need more depending on the size of your pieces. have these variations too: 1. dip chicken parts in mixture of 1 egg, slightly beaten with 1/4 cup soy sauce and then roll in the crumbs 2. dip chicken in 1/3 cup melted butter and roll in mixture of cornflake crumbs, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1 tbsp. dried parsley, 1/2 tsp. oregano and 1/4 tsp. minced garlic. 3. dip chicken in mixture of 1/4 cup melted butter, 3 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. lemon zest and roll in mixture of 1 1/4 cups cornflake crumbs, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- 4 pieces chicken, bone-in (with or without skin)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing, we like Wishbone
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the dressing in a wide narrow bowl so that the chicken can either be dipped (or you can marinate the chicken if you have time which will be better) and coat with the dressing.
- Put the crumbs in another bowl or shallow dish with a lip, and roll the chicken in the crumbs to coat.
- Place on a foil lined cookie sheet or Pyrex baking dish, skin side up, and bake for 1 hour or until done.
This was delish. I cooked the dipped in egg and soya sauce variation and we all loved it :) i especially liked "cleaning" the pan afterwards :D
We enjoyed this recipe although it seemed to taste sweet which we were not expecting. I used chicken drumsticks and made as posted. Thanks for posting this recipe!