Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found on a blog
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light. Beat in egg and vanilla extract, followed by vegetable oil, mixing until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until only a few streaks of flour remain visible, then add in the cornflakes and oatmeal and mix until cookie dough is uniform.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls (1-inch balls, approx.) onto prepared cookie sheet. Gently flatten each with the prongs of a fork (dipped in water to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are light gold all over.