Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
from an older edition of Woman's Day - you could substitute Rice Bubbles for the Cornflakes if so desired.
- 3 (60 g) Mars bars, chopped
- 100 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 25 g butter, extra
- Grease 23 cms square slab pan.
- Cover base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine Mars bars, butter & peanut butter in pan.
- Stir over low heat till melted and well combined.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in sifted icing sugar.
- Add lightly crushed Cornflakes, mix well.
- Pres mixture firmly over base of pan.
- Combine chocolate and extra butter in pan over pot of simmering water.
- When choc is melted, mix well and spread over slice.
- Place in fridge for several hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into rectangles.
Wonderful peanut butter & chocolate bars!!! I followed the recipe as written, except I didn't buy enough dark chocolate and had to sub semi-sweet chocolate for the other half. I liked that it didn't include a large amount of sugar, but still sweet enough for my tastes!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for the Aussie Swap.