Recipe by SouthernMom
You will lo-o-o-ve this delightful treat that is quick and easy to make! Great for kids, but somehow the adults gobble it up too!
Top Review by kiss-a-suger
I have made this recipe several times as a treat when we head out for a week on of off roading. If I'm making it for a treat at home I usually only do 6 cups of cornflakes(makes it a little gooier and solid and then i melt chocolate chips over the top, however that is messy. When making them to be eaten in a vehicle I do as is then usually mold them in to small balls. (use cold water on your hands to keep from sticking like making popcorn balls) This recipe is also pretty forgiving i have made with things like honey bunches of oats, or frosted flakes because that is what I had on hand. (frosted flakes make it quite sweet so consider cutting the sugar a bit) I place them in a ice cream bucket after they have hardened with parchment/wax paper in-between the layers for storage.
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (your choice creamy or crunchy)
- 8 cups corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan on medium heat, cook first three ingredients until melted. Mixture should be very thin.
- Pour over cornflakes. Stir til cornflakes are well coated.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 dish.
- Cool in fridge til firm, about 10-15 minutes.
- Tip: I spray my hands with cooking spray and spread the mixture. No sticky hands!