Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Excellent tasting, easy way to do something different with a venison roast. Tastes just like corned beef.
- 4 -6 lbs venison roast (or two 3 lb. roasts)
- 5 tablespoons morton tender quick meat cure meat tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Mix all dry ingredients and rub on roast.
- Place roast in ziplock bag and refrigerate.
- Allow to cure 5 days per 2 inches of meat, turning bag once a day.
- Cure at least 5-7 days.
- Place roast in kettle and boil 3-4 hours or until tender.
This made excellent sandwich meat for my husband's lunches. It was a little peppery for my tastes, but that's easy enough to fix. I will probably make this again, assuming my father in law gets another deer next season!
This recipe is a must try...EXCELLENT, PERFECT, MOIST what else can I say!!!
Oh my gosh, this recipe is absolutely scrumptious!!!Tastes just like corned beef. The only change to the recipe was I added some peppercorns and a few bay leaves to the boiling water, then cooled the meat. I sliced it thin and piled it high on Rye to make reubens. Everybody loved them!!! The color of the venison was perfect and even more tender than corned beef. Thanks for posting will definately be making again!!!!!