Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Excellent tasting, easy way to do something different with a venison roast. Tastes just like corned beef.
- 4 -6 lbs venison roast (or two 3 lb. roasts)
- 5 tablespoons morton tender quick meat cure meat tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Mix all dry ingredients and rub on roast.
- Place roast in ziplock bag and refrigerate.
- Allow to cure 5 days per 2 inches of meat, turning bag once a day.
- Cure at least 5-7 days.
- Place roast in kettle and boil 3-4 hours or until tender.
This made excellent sandwich meat for my husband's lunches. It was a little peppery for my tastes, but that's easy enough to fix. I will probably make this again, assuming my father in law gets another deer next season!
This recipe is a must try...EXCELLENT, PERFECT, MOIST what else can I say!!!