Prep 120 hrs
Cook 120 hrs
- 3 lbs venison
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup canning salt
- 1⁄2 cup Morton Tender Quick salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- place in a ziplock bag remove the air, zip closed.
- Put in refrigerate for 5 days turning every day.
- Cook for 1/2 hour in pressure cooked or boil for 3-4 hours until tender.
- Makes great Venison Reuben Sandwiches.
I made this from last year's deer. Very good for venison. Don't expect a true corned "beef" taste because it's not beef. But for deer this was quite good!