Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a corned brisket recipe that my family enjoys. I use either venison roast or goose breast, or sometimes both! I make this every St. Patrick's Day to use in a boiled dinner served with green beer! YUM! The meat turns nice and pink, just like the store bought brisket!
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup canning salt
- 1⁄2 cup Morton Tender Quick salt
- 10 peppercorns (don't ask me why not 12?)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 5 -6 lbs venison roast (or geese breast)
- Combine all brine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pour over roast(s) in a non-metal container.
- Cover and refrigerate in brine for 4 - 5 days, shaking or turning daily.
- Rinse WELL.
- Cover with water and simmer 3 - 4 hours or until tender.
- *Basically, cook as you would any corned brisket. I add vegetables for boiled dinner about the last 30 minutes or so of cooking time.
Fantastic. Made it today for Thanksgiving and was the talk of the party! Easy and delicious! I will be making more so I can make some corned venison hash.