Recipe by JustJan
This is a corned brisket recipe that my family enjoys. I use either venison roast or goose breast, or sometimes both! I make this every St. Patrick's Day to use in a boiled dinner served with green beer! YUM! The meat turns nice and pink, just like the store bought brisket!
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup canning salt
- 1⁄2 cup Morton Tender Quick salt
- 10 peppercorns (don't ask me why not 12?)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 5 -6 lbs venison roast (or geese breast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all brine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pour over roast(s) in a non-metal container.
- Cover and refrigerate in brine for 4 - 5 days, shaking or turning daily.
- Rinse WELL.
- Cover with water and simmer 3 - 4 hours or until tender.
- *Basically, cook as you would any corned brisket. I add vegetables for boiled dinner about the last 30 minutes or so of cooking time.