1/1 Photo of Corned Beef With Mustard Glaze
3 hrs 30 mins
joan in CNY's Note:
I cut this out of my newspaper years ago and prefer it to many others I have tried over the years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 lbs corned beef brisket, flat or round (I prefer the round.)
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut int chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1Rinse corned beef cut in cold water, place in a large, heavy pot and add cold water to cover.
- 2Add peppercorns,bay leaves, onion studded with 4 cloves, garlic, carrot and celery.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and skim off any foam that rises to the surface.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover pot and barely simmer until the beef is tender, about three hours.
- 5While beef cooks, turn it over every 30 minutes.
- 6Let meat cool in cooking water about 15 min.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees and transfer drained beef to a shallow roasting pan, fat side up.
- 8Whisk together the mustards in a small, heavy saucepan.
- 9Stir in remaining glaze ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 10Spread glaze evenly over top of brisket.
- 11Bake in center of the oven, basting every 15 minutes, until heated through and beef has a deep, rich color, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 12Let meat rest for about 10 minutes.
- 13Slice it across the grain and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef With Mustard Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1052.2
- Calories from Fat 618
- Total Fat 68.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 333.2 mg
- Sodium 4066.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 63.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: