Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is one of my friend's Mother's catering recipes from the 1950's. I actually liked the end result, weird though it is and thought I would share it with you. Cook time is chill time.
- 6 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces corned beef, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Combine jell-o and boiling water.
- Stir well to dissolve.
- Refrigerate until the texture of egg whites.
- When mixture is thickened, add remaining ingredients.
- Pour in 13 x 9 pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve on a lettuce leaf.
- Great as a light lunch with warm bread.