Recipe by Babychops
On a road trip across country we stopped in a restaurant in New Mexico and tried these - I can't remember now what they called them but they were so good I asked for the recipe -- nothin' to it & the best use of your left over corned beef I can imagine!
- 1⁄4 cup corned beef, cooked & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon diced green chilis (I use Ortega)
- 2 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet, arrange cheese, corned beef & chilies around surface, top with 2nd tortilla & cook over low heat until inside begins to melt & tortilla is lightly browned, flip over (I usually mash the whole thing down before I do this to avoid a mess) and brown other side until cheese is melted & meat is warmed through. You can add a smidge of oil to the skillet if you like a more browned tortilla, gives it a crispier finish.
- Slice & enjoy! Of course you can make as many as you want, I just gave an example for one -- . These are so yummy and give you something to do with that left over corned beef! Enjoy!