Recipe by English_Rose
Delicious served hot or cold the next day for lunch, these pasties will be a hit with the kids.
- 2 lbs shortcrust pastry
- 1 lb onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb corned beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- beaten egg, for glazing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 6 circles 8in in diameter.
- Heat the oil and cook the onions in it until starting to soften.
- Take off the heat and cool. Stir in the corned beef and tomato ketchup and season well.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 circles and crimp the edges together. Brush with a little of the beaten egg.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Serve hot or cold.