Recipe by bayoucritter aka. angela
This is very quick and easy. Makes very large portions. Sometimes I stir corned beef mixture in early (still in liquid stage) & add thinly sliced cabbage, recover and let steam on top of beef & rice. It is truly good:)
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes (mild or spicy)
- 3 cans corned beef
- 1 chopped onion (or Onion Powder)
- 1 clove chopped garlic or 1 clove garlic powder
- black pepper
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot or dutch oven, add RoTel tomatoes, bring to boil.
- Add rice and water.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 1min.
- Cover, turn heat to low simmer for 25min.
- In skillet add corned beef, onion and seasonings.
- Be careful of adding salt as the beef is already salted!
- Lightly'fry' (stirring), til onion is soft and corned beef is well heated.
- When rice is done, water should be absorbed and rice soft.
- Stir in corned beef mixture.
- Add pepper, hot sauce to personal taste.