Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick recipe on the road, or to eat around the campfire.I usually have frozen packets of onions and green peppers. This recipe can be made, frozen and reheated for a quick meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn beef hash (or 2 cups leftover meat 1 cup hash browns)
- 1 cup dice green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili peppers (optional) or 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard or 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 8 slices French bread or 8 slices corn tortillas or 8 large flour tortillas
- Dump all seven ingredients in microwave bowl or in a frying pan on the fire.
- Heat on medium power, stir, heat again until peppers and onions are starting to soften.
- On the campfire, heat and turn with a spatula until the meat and potatoes start to brown. If there is any grease, drain off.
- Take off the heat, put the mayonnaise in the center of the pan or bowl, add the Splenda or sugar, then the mustard.
- Lightly stir into meat & potato mixture.
- Brown toast and pile 1/4 cup on top and eat.
- Heat tortillas, pile 1/4 cup or more on tortillas and wrap, tucking ends inside.
- Note: If you freeze, wrap each tortilla wrap in waxed paper before you put in a freezer container or zip lock bag.
- (Carry these wraps in a cooler and reheat in the truck stop and convenience food microwaves).
- MH like to add creamy horseradish dressing to his. He makes his own.