Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a quick recipe on the road, or to eat around the campfire.I usually have frozen packets of onions and green peppers. This recipe can be made, frozen and reheated for a quick meal.
- 425.24 g can corn beef hash (or 2 cups leftover meat 1 cup hash browns)
- 236.59 ml dice green pepper
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml chili peppers (optional) or 4.92 ml hot sauce (optional)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise or 118.29 ml salad dressing
- 2 (14.17 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar equivalent)
- 4.92 ml yellow mustard or 4.92 ml brown mustard
- 8 slice French bread or 8 slice corn tortillas or 8 large flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump all seven ingredients in microwave bowl or in a frying pan on the fire.
- Heat on medium power, stir, heat again until peppers and onions are starting to soften.
- On the campfire, heat and turn with a spatula until the meat and potatoes start to brown. If there is any grease, drain off.
- Take off the heat, put the mayonnaise in the center of the pan or bowl, add the Splenda or sugar, then the mustard.
- Lightly stir into meat & potato mixture.
- Brown toast and pile 1/4 cup on top and eat.
- Heat tortillas, pile 1/4 cup or more on tortillas and wrap, tucking ends inside.
- Note: If you freeze, wrap each tortilla wrap in waxed paper before you put in a freezer container or zip lock bag.
- (Carry these wraps in a cooler and reheat in the truck stop and convenience food microwaves).
- MH like to add creamy horseradish dressing to his. He makes his own.