Recipe by Wildflour
Official Contest Entry Simply Potatoes 5 Fix. A wonderful, quick and easy way to use up that leftover corned beef from St. Paddy's Day! These breakfast treats are sure to bring smiles!
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, coarse chopped into smaller pieces (measure after chopping)
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked corned beef
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed, and cut into 4 squares
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese sauce, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small *non-stick frying pan, add potatoes and corned beef. Fry over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are done and lightly browned, stirring minimally. (*Time depends on how much you chopped the potatoes and onions.) Remove from heat.
- Place pastry squares onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread each square with 1/2 teaspoons mustard off to one side. Top each with a mound of potato/corned beef mixture on top of mustard.
- Wet two connecting sides, fold over and press closed to seal.
- Pop into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with warmed cheese sauce drizzled over.
- *Optional garnish: snipped chives, but not needed. Optional only!
- **Turnovers can also be brushed with an egg wash prior to baking, but not needed nor necessary. Only for presentation and does not effect this recipe.