Recipe by carrie sheridan
this is Fast Food at its best: tasty, comforting, fast, easy, cheap -
Top Review by charlie #5
I've made this for years and we too love it. I tend to let mine cook long enough to crisp up a bit. We like our hash a bit crispy. This is comfort food at its best. I often make with left over baked potatoes.
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cansof whole potatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 fried eggs, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop onion.
- Melt butter in oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and fry briefly.
- Add corned beef and break up into hash.
- Slice potatoes into corned beef and toss until warmed through.
- Fry eggs separately to put on top of the hash, or on the side, if desired.
- [potatoes could also be diced, for toddlers].