Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 7 mins
A breeze to assemble, and tasty too!
- 1 deep dish pie shell (frozen and thawed)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups o'brien frozen hash browns with onions and peppers (thawed)
- 1 (12 ounce) corned beef, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425'.
- Place pie crust in oven on the lowest rack; bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 375'.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, add mayonnnaise, salt and pepper, blend well. Add the potatoes and corned beef to egg mixture, mix well.
- Spoon potato mixture into partially baked crust. Cover the crust with a pie crust shield or aluminum foil strips.
- Place pie on the lowest rack in the oven. Bake 55 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Turn off oven, remove pie from oven.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Place back in oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let set a few minutes before slicing.
I liked this pie, but it seemed a bit bland. With all that corned beef I expected something a bit jazzier. I'm sure if we have left over corned beef that I'll make this again.