Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I like this as a main dish, side dish or for breakfast! Yummy! :)
Make and share this Corned Beef Hash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, partially thawed
- 2 cups cooked corned beef (or canned)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded American cheese (or combination American/Cheddar cheese)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- Lightly butter a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockpot.
- Sprinkle about one-fourth of the potatoes in, followed by one-third of the onion and one-third of the corned beef.
- Sprinkle with celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Repeat two more times, ending with the remaining potato, 1/2 cup cheese, and another sprinkling of salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Mix together the cream of celery soup and evaporated milk; pour over the potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
- This recipe yields about 6 servings as a side dish.
This was delicious. Originally I didn't think the flavours would blend -- I love corned beef hash but never tried it with soup or cheese. I was very pleasantly surprised at how yummy and moist it was. I will definitely make this again.
This was really good and very hearty! Super easy - put it all together in the crockpot before I went to bed, then woke up Sunday morning with the most wonderful smell in the house! YUM!! I loved the flavor of this! I used canned corned beef, but I think next time I'll use leftover corned beef brisket insttead. Served with sunnyside-up eggs! Thank you for this keeper, peacefulnightdove!! :)