Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to use up leftover corned beef. Perfect for brunch or dinner. From: "Joy of Cooking". I prefer using a red bell pepper as they tend to be sweeter. Cook time does not include poaching eggs.
- 3 cups cooked corned beef, about 1 1/2 lbs, course chop
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced, opt. red, green
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup button mushroom, chopped, I have made with and without
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, flat leaf
- 2⁄3 cup beef stock, can use water
- 6 poached eggs (optional)
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onions , garlic, bell pepper, celery and mushrooms. Saute' until tender.
- Add beef and potatoes, water/stock, Worcestershire, and parsley.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until warmed through and liquid is reduced to desired amount. OPT: Mash the beef and potatoes as desired.
- If a crispy & browned hash is desired, heat up oil in separate skillet and a divide into 6 portions and brown.
- Poach eggs, serve over hash.
I had some corned beef in the fridge & found this recipe. I was different that we normally make but we enjoyed the flavours. Couple small changes; I added a finely chopped jalapeno and instead of fresh I sub'd dried parsley. Instead of poached, I decided to use fried eggs over the hash. Nice recipe, thanks for sharing.