Great weekend breakfast for 2.
Make and share this Corned Beef Hash and Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Cook onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir in corned beef, potato, and broth.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using back of a spoon, make 4 indentations in hash.
- Break 1 egg into each indentation.
- Cook on low, covered, for about 4 minutes until desired doneness.
This was good! I used 1 1/2 cups of chopped deli corned beef, 1 cup cubed potatoes, probably closer to 3/4 cup onion and about 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash browns. I had no green pepper, but I did use the 2/3 cups beef broth. My husband and I ate the whole pan with some scrambled eggs (we're not "poached" egg people) on the side. Yum!
A great way to empty the fridge. I used a red bell pepper and canned corned beef along with a cooked red potato. I was a little hesitant concerning the amount of broth but it worked well. With the meat being salty, I opted to eliminate added salt. The eggs were topped with fresh ground pepper. Since DH's loves hash, I am sure that I will be making this again.
Great recipe and in this case used up leftovers. Instead of Beef broth I used left over pizza sauce. Also had leftover canned corned beef and cooked potatoes. This was not just a wonderful brunch but a clean the fridge deal too. The eggs were perfect - whites firm yolks runny Thanks MizzNezz for another favorite recipe