Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy on the budget and strong on the taste. Simple to make and quick too.
- 1 can corned beef
- 3 -5 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- salt and pepper (I like it with lots of black pepper)
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1" cubes.
- Chop onion.
- Heat iron skillet over high heat until hot to prevent sticking.
- Crumble the corned beef and place in the skillet, add potatoes and onion.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to barely boiling and cook until the potatoes and onions are done.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and add more water if needed.
I am so happy to see you have almost the same recipe my Momma used and I use to this day. However I do fry a about two strips of Bacon before I add the onion. But all is just about the same. Thank You so very much for taking me down memorylane with this recipe. Hugs 2 U
Finally a hash that is not sweet. Thanks so much for the keeper, and a new method for cooking onions.
I add carrots and corn with mine. Very yummy.