Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This breakfast dish is wonderful when using leftover beef brisket. The best way to serve it is with a few fried eggs over the top of the corned beef hash with buttered toast on the side. If you'd like to make fresh corned beef brisket, try Ultimate Corned Beef Brisket With Root Vegetables and for a saucy little number, try Corned Beef Hash With Poached Eggs Under Hollandaise which includes this recipe. :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, semi-cooked and diced
- 1 carrot, semi-cooked and diced (optional)
- 2 cups fully cooked corned beef, chopped up
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, potatoes, and optional carrots. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corned beef, and cook 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
We love corned beef hash,it's great comfort foood.
I omitted the carrot (DH said that it had no place in a real hash!) and added just a splash of Worcestershire sauce to perk it up a little.
Topped with fried eggs...comfort on a plate!
Made as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent TIC-TAC-TOE event.
Made this for breakfast this morning and it was a hit. I served it with a fried egg on top. I wasn't sure if I would like it because I am not a big fan of corned beef. We had some deli corned beef leftover from a meat tray, so that is what I used. Yum.
Terrific homemade version of a recipe I had only eaten from a can as a child. We made a fresh corned beef to do this for Photo Tag, but it would be a great use of leftovers...St.Patrick's Day is coming:) Thanks for sharing.