Prep 20 hrs
Cook 45 mins
corn beef, potatoes, parsnips, cream, parsley worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, onion. Serve with fried or poached eggs.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cooked, peeled, diced
- 1 large parsnip, cooked, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, broken up
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, parsnips, corned beef, cream, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat vegetable oil.
- sauté onion until translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the potato mixture and mix well to distribute the onions evenly.
- Spread hash evenly in the pan.
- Cook, flattening the hash with a spatula occasionally, until a slight crust forms on the bottom, about 10 minutes.
- Run the spatula around the pan edge as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Turn the mixture over and continue cooking, stirring frequently to break up the hash, until crusty and browned, 12-14 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.