20 hrs 45 mins
L DJ's Note:
corn beef, potatoes, parsnips, cream, parsley worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, onion. Serve with fried or poached eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, cooked, peeled, diced
- 1 large parsnip, cooked, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, broken up
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1In a large bowl, combine potatoes, parsnips, corned beef, cream, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat vegetable oil.
- 3sauté onion until translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add the potato mixture and mix well to distribute the onions evenly.
- 5Spread hash evenly in the pan.
- 6Cook, flattening the hash with a spatula occasionally, until a slight crust forms on the bottom, about 10 minutes.
- 7Run the spatula around the pan edge as necessary to prevent sticking.
- 8Turn the mixture over and continue cooking, stirring frequently to break up the hash, until crusty and browned, 12-14 minutes longer.
- 9Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef Hash
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 668.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: