Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from my "Irish Cooking" cookbook.
Make and share this Corned Beef Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (optional)
- 4 poached eggs or 4 fried eggs
- Place potatoes in 10-inch skillet.
- Cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 6 minutes. (Potatoes will be firm.)
- Drain potatoes in colander; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Add butter and onion; cook and stir over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in corned beef, horseradish, and potatoes; mix well. Press down mixture with spatula to flatten into compact layer.
- Reduce heat to low. Drizzle cream over mixture, if desired. Cook 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Turn mixture over with spatula; pat down and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes or until bottom is well browned.
- Top each serving with 1 poached egg. Serve immediately.