This recipe is from my "Irish Cooking" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in 10-inch skillet.
- 2Cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 6 minutes. (Potatoes will be firm.)
- 3Drain potatoes in colander; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Add butter and onion; cook and stir over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in corned beef, horseradish, and potatoes; mix well. Press down mixture with spatula to flatten into compact layer.
- 6Reduce heat to low. Drizzle cream over mixture, if desired. Cook 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
- 7Turn mixture over with spatula; pat down and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes or until bottom is well browned.
- 8Top each serving with 1 poached egg. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef Hash
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.4
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 297.5 mg
- Sodium 1109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 20.8 g