- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 12 ounces can corned beef
- 14 ounces can peeled tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 size 3 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil and saute the onion for a few minutes until transparent. Lift out with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl.
- Add the corned beef, tomatoes (with their juice), salt and pepper to the onion and mix well. Turn the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (400°F) or Gas No 6.
- Mash the potatoes, then beat in the milk and beaten egg to make a soft fluffy consistency.
- Spoon the potato on top of the corned beef mixture and level off with a fork.
- Cook for about 25 minutes until the potato is brown and crispy.