2 hrs 15 mins
This is my partner's recipe for corn beef, which is absolutely delicious and addictive. We love it cold on sandwiches, or warm with a creamy sauce and boiled vegetables, or simply on bread with mustard. Sure to be a winner!
My Private Note
side co ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place silverside in a pot large enough to accomodate it.
- 2Stud the bayleaf and cloves into the whole onion and place in pot.
- 3Add vinegar, sugar and beer to the pot.
- 4Add as much water as is necessary to cover the silverside.
- 5Put on heat and bring to the boil.
- 6Skim off any scum (brown, bubbly impurities that rise out of meat to the surface) as it appears.
- 7After pot comes to the boil, turn heat down to a simmer.
- 8Cover and cook for around 2 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- 9When done, turn off heat. Allow the meat to cool in the liquid, to achieve maximum flavour.
- 10Drain and prepare according to your tastes (re-heat, or refrigerate for later use).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef for the Soul
Serving Size: 1 (1668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3509.1
- Calories from Fat 1709
- Total Fat 189.9 g
- Saturated Fat 63.4 g
- Cholesterol 980.0 mg
- Sodium 11443.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 216.7 g
- Protein 183.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: