Recipe by Derf
Very nice aroma to come home to and a wonderful taste. Satisfying
Top Review by Kiss*My*Tiara
This was my very first corned beef I ever made. I made on St. Patrick's day for company and everone LOVED it! The potatoes came out wonderful!! We also made reubens out of some of the corned beef. I made a point of telling everyone "DON'T EAT THE CARROTS!!" It was a very fun evening! Thanks!
- 907.18-1133.98 g corned beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut in 3
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled cut in 3
- 236.59 ml beef bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 4 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim brisket of all visible fat, cut to fit 4 qt or larger crockpot, if necessary.
- Place onion, celery, potatoes and carrots in bottom of crockpot, lay brisket on top.
- Whisk together bouillon, bay leaf, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.
- Pour over brisket, cover pot.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, adding cabbage wedges and caraway seed for the last hour of cooking.
- To serve, discard cooking liquid, slice meat onto hot serving plates, accompany with the cooked potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage wedges and your favourite mustard.