Very nice aroma to come home to and a wonderful taste. Satisfying
Make and share this Corned Beef Dinner - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut in 3
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled cut in 3
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Trim brisket of all visible fat, cut to fit 4 qt or larger crockpot, if necessary.
- Place onion, celery, potatoes and carrots in bottom of crockpot, lay brisket on top.
- Whisk together bouillon, bay leaf, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.
- Pour over brisket, cover pot.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, adding cabbage wedges and caraway seed for the last hour of cooking.
- To serve, discard cooking liquid, slice meat onto hot serving plates, accompany with the cooked potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage wedges and your favourite mustard.
This was my very first corned beef I ever made. I made on St. Patrick's day for company and everone LOVED it! The potatoes came out wonderful!! We also made reubens out of some of the corned beef. I made a point of telling everyone "DON'T EAT THE CARROTS!!" It was a very fun evening! Thanks!
DH brought home some corned beef (which I've never made before) so I tried this recipe. I couldn't find any small cabbages so I tried one large one instead. Very tasty, I had been half expecting to hate corned beef and was pleasantly surprised. Thanks
this was the leanest corned beef i have ever made, i used a 6 qt crockpot, layered the bottom with the sliced onion, 10 med red potatoes, halved, unpeeled, 2 handfuls of baby carrots, put a 4 lb corned beef atop, doubled the broth mix and i could barely shut it, but a few hours the kitchen smelled wonderful. after hours i turned the beef over and added the cabbage This wonderful meal was devoured, the full house and extras loved it!