Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Beautiful slow cooked corned meat. Put it on in the morning and it's ready by dinner time when you arrive home. This recipe actually came with my Sunbeam Slowcooker/ Crockpot and my family really loved it. It was so tender and moist
- 1 1⁄2 kg corned beef (corned silverside)
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- Take the meat out of it's packaging and rinse under the tap. Place in the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and enough water to barely cover the meat. I leave the peppercorns whole.
- Place on Slow setting and cook for 8 to 8.5 hours or on High setting for 4 to 4.5 hours.
- When done, remove the meat from the crockpot and wrap in aluminium foil until ready to slice (this will keep your meat moist).
Super easy and delicious! The horseradish mustard sauce is a must and one of the easier recipes that actually makes enough!
I'm a pommy convert - tried this recipe when visiting family in Australia, much preferred t(tastier and healthier) to the English tinned version of corned beef - thanks. It's in the pot as I type - yummy.
This was excellent like it being done in slow cooker. Thanks