Recipe by **Jubes**
Beautiful slow cooked corned meat. Put it on in the morning and it's ready by dinner time when you arrive home. This recipe actually came with my Sunbeam Slowcooker/ Crockpot and my family really loved it. It was so tender and moist
Top Review by Mary Schinker
I'm so glad I found this recipe back as I hadn't saved it. This recipe is so simple and very good. When I've decided it's done cooking, I take out and cool, to get it cut into beautiful slices. I've saved recipe this time and printed out also.
- 1 1⁄2 kg corned beef (corned silverside)
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the meat out of it's packaging and rinse under the tap. Place in the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and enough water to barely cover the meat. I leave the peppercorns whole.
- Place on Slow setting and cook for 8 to 8.5 hours or on High setting for 4 to 4.5 hours.
- When done, remove the meat from the crockpot and wrap in aluminium foil until ready to slice (this will keep your meat moist).