Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Sharing Our Best - Valley County Hospital and Long Term Care, c. 1994.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 lb longhorn cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup crumbled canned corned beef (I use 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crumbled potato chips (can use more)
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle crumbled potato chips on top. Bake for 15 minutes more.
I halfed the recipe but used a whole can of corned beef. I also used crumbled cheddar cheese. I think it is missing something. However I liked it and it was VERY easy to make. Thank You and Hugs
I used leftover cooked corned beef for this. It was very good, but I'm glad I doubled the amount of corned beef as the recipe poster mentioned doing. Only 1 cup wouldn't have been nearly enough. I also felt that it could have used a little more flavor. I may add some mustard and/or horseradish next time to liven the taste up. Thanx for sharing!